This recipe comes directly from the Pampered Chef Fall/Winter 2010 catalog. It's on page 23 if you find yourself with one.
I made this Friday night. I am not tomato's biggest fan, but this was delicious and I could not stop eating it! I hope it turns out as well at my show tonight!
Caprese Pizzas
Topping
3 medium vine ripened tomatoes
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1 tbsp Basil oil or olive oil
8 oz fresh mozerella cheese
coarsely ground black pepper
Crusts
1 tsp plus 1 tbsp Basil oil or olive oil
1 package refrigerated pizza crust
1 garlic clove. pressed
1 ox Parmesan cheese
Directions
1- Preheat oven to 425. For toppings, slice tomatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Place onto papter towel-lined cutting board. Sprinkle both sides evenly with salt; let stand 15 minutes.
2- Meanwhile, for crusts, lightly brush stone with 1 tsp of the oil. (I like to sprinkle with some of the basil leaves). Unroll dough onto stone. Press garlic into prep bowl and combine with remaining oil. Brush over dough. Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over dough.
3- Cut dough lengthwise into thirds with pizza cutter. Carefully move dough strips slightly apart on baking stone. Bake 11-12 minutes or until botton of crusts are light golden brown.
4- While crusts bake, finish toppings. Chop basil. Combine with oil in another prep bowl and set aside for later use.
5- Blot tops of tomatoes with a paper towel. Slice mozerella cheese into 1/4 in slices. Arrange tomatoes and cheese slices in overlapping rows on baked crusts. Return to oven; bake additional 4-5 minutes or until cheese melts.
6- Remove baking stone from oven. To serve, brush basil mixture over pizzas and sprinkle with black pepper.
Yield: 6 servings

No comments:
Post a Comment